This guide is for primarily for software developers and (new) hardware integrators. To fly, build and modify vehicles using supported hardware see the PX4 User Guide.
This guide explains how to:
- Get a minimum developer setup, build PX4 from source and deploy on numerous supported autopilots.
- Understand the PX4 System Architecture and other core concepts.
- Learn how to modify the flight stack and middleware:
- Learn how to integrate PX4 with new hardware:
- Support new sensors and actuators, including cameras, rangefinders, etc.
- Modify PX4 to run on new autopilot hardware.
- Simulate, test and debug/log PX4.
- Communicate/integrate with external robotics APIs.
The Weekly Dev Call is another great opportunity to meet the PX4 dev team and discuss platform technical details, pull requests, major impacting issues etc. There is also time for Q&A.
There are Chinese and Korean translations of this guide. You can access these by clicking the language-switcher icon:
The Dronecode Calendar shows important events for platform developers and users. Select the links below to display the calendar in your timezone (and to add it to your own calendar):
Note: calendar defaults to CET.
The PX4 flight stack is hosted under the governance of the Dronecode Project.