The Pixhawk XRacer board family is optimized for small racing quads and planes. In contrast to Pixfalcon and Pixhawk it has in-built Wifi, new sensors, convenient full servo headers, CAN and supports 2M flash.
The main hardware documentation is here: https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixracer
- Main System-on-Chip: STM32F427VIT6 rev.3
- CPU: 180 MHz ARM Cortex M4 with single-precision FPU
- RAM: 256 KB SRAM (L1)
- Standard FPV form factor: 36x36 mm with standard 30.5 mm hole pattern
- Wifi telemetry and software upgrade
- Invensense ICM-20608 Accel / Gyro (4 KHz) / MPU9250 Accel / Gyro / Mag (4 KHz)
- HMC5983 magnetometer with temperature compensation
- Measurement Specialties MS5611 barometer
- JST GH connectors
- microSD (logging)
- S.BUS / Spektrum / SUMD / PPM input
- FrSky telemetry port
- OneShot PWM out (configurable)
- Optional: Safety switch and buzzer
The Pixracer is designed to use a separate avionics power supply. This is necessary to avoid current surges from motors or ESCs to flow back to the flight controller and disturb its delicate sensors.
- Power module (with voltage and current sensing)
- I2C splitter (supporting AUAV, Hobbyking and 3DR peripherals)
- Cable kit for all common peripherals
One of the main features of the board is its ability to use Wifi for flashing new firmware, system setup and in-flight telemetry. This frees it of the need of any desktop system.