PX4 Development Guide
This guide is for primarily for software developers and (new) hardware integrators. To fly, build and modify vehicles using supported hardware see the PX4 User Guide.
This guide explains how to:
- Get a minimum developer setup, build PX4 from source and deploy on numerous supported autopilots.
- Understand the PX4 System Architecture and other core concepts.
- Learn how to modify the flight stack and middleware:
- Learn how to integrate PX4 with new hardware:
- Support new sensors and actuators, including cameras, rangefinders, etc.
- Modify PX4 to run on new autopilot hardware.
- Simulate, test and debug/log PX4.
- Communicate/integrate with external robotics APIs.
Forums and Chat
The core development team and community are active on the following forums and chat channels.
There are Chinese and Korean translations of this guide. You can you can access these by clicking the language-switcher icon: